“The demands of life may seem unbearable, but never give up. Quitters never win.”
Here at Y-VonneAdams.com, we aim to provide a place for our visitors to find content that encourages and uplifts them. We are steadily changing our content and researching ways to provide pertinent information about what’s going on in this world as it pertains to this faith filled journey. We want our visitors to be interactive with us so that we create a place for conversation and dialogue. We are a fairly new presence on the web but are proud to be able to share with the world this particular source of information. Thank you for visiting. Please do come again.
We would like to welcome all our new members and extend to you the invitation to help us make this a source of inspiration and information. We thank God for the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by those that visit us here at Y-vonneAdams.com. Please feel free to leave comments on any of our blogs and should you feel lead, share you opinions and suggestions. We now have a Facebook Page. Come join us! Become a fan and share questions or whatever the Lord places in your hearts. God bless!
Welcome to Black History Month, here at Y-VonneAdams.com our main focus is on inspiring others to greatness in Christ, while we celebrate the successes of those from our past. So we will use this month to remind some and educate others of the sacrifice that those from our past have made for the betterment of the future. We will show the contributions that African Americans have made for centuries; some recognized and some not. Our hope is that the knowledge of Christ will supersede all color barriers that the enemy has set up and allow us to unite for the common goal of creating a better life for generations to come and preparing for our eternity.
7Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.
We’ve added a view counter, which helps us and our viewers keep track of how many we are actually reaching. We are excited with the growth in viewers that we are experiencing. Some may see it as minuscule but we realize the everything large starts off small, and we appreciate you. Please do let us know what you think and maybe even what types of things you would like to see. May God bless and strengthen you all.
Hello viewers I am sure you’ve noticed the new changes here at Y-VonneAdams.com, now everything is categorized for easy search response. All blogs are search able by category or title. We have bolder images and easier registration. We do still hope to see more comments from our viewers as that will allow us to know what people are looking for. God bless and we look forward to hearing from you. Thankfully Yvonne Adams
A Greener Leaner Meal Plan
Just like we prefer more green in our wallets, we should prefer more green in our bodies. The same way we believe that more green means more wealth; why don’t we realize more green in our diets means more health. We pursue more of the green that can’t really extend our life span and very thing that God created to keep us healthy.
2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
We as adults don’t eat enough greens so therefore neither do our children. It seems like we are raising generations of junk food junkies. Did we forget that we are what we eat? Ask yourself what am I really, based on my diet? I will share with you a few ways of bringing healthy back to the dinner table; and learning new ways to eat green.
- Let’s start with a very great tasting smoothie that not only you will enjoy but your children will love also. One very important tool to add to your kitchen inventory is a juicer.
- You start by juicing broccoli or cabbage or spinach or all three in the juicer.
- Next you will need your blender: in the blender you will add the frozen fruit of your choice; some recommendations are frozen peaches, frozen strawberries, frozen blue berries or frozen raspberries. Add 1 banana for your potassium.
- After adding your fruit and blending on the puree settings slowly add your juiced greens.
- Add splendor for a boost to the sweetness and serve with a straw the kids won’t really know they’re drinking veggies. However they may want to know about the funny color.
That was breakfast.
The Green Burger
- Take a pound of lean ground beef and add a cup of super finely chopped spinach and 1.5
- tbsp of Lowry’s season all salt.
- You can start cooking them on the stove or the grill; just enough to sear each side till nicely browned
- Then if cooked on the stove drain any oils that may have come from the meat and place burgers in the oven for 10-15 minutes then serve
For great healthy side ideas; oven fry sweet potato fries , and a nice bowl of baked beans and an ear of corn. This will make one great lunch.
- Again, start with a pound of lean ground beef,
- 1 large head of Cabbage
- 1 cup of uncle Ben’s quick cooking long grain rice (or any brand you choose)
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 pack of Liptonâ„¢ onion soup mix
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, garlic, brown sugar, soup mix and cayenne pepper; then add the uncooked rice.
Important: After washing cabbage thoroughly only use the large outside portions of the cabbage. Take the large open pedal of the cabbage leaf and fill with ground beef mixture. Wrap as if making a burrito. Then lay tightly in a baking pan and continue until the pan is full of burrito-looking cabbage rolls. Place in oven for 45min to an hour.
I love to eat pinto beans and sliced tomato with mine, but you can have the side you prefer just remember to try to keep it healthy.
This has been an example of 1 whole day of eating green for each meal. Once you learn all the little tricks of enjoying what you never liked before you will be on the road to the new you.
For more information on eating green » www.uhs.uga.edu/nutrition/greens.html
We’ve added navigation functionality to the blog/news section of the website. This will make it easier to navigate to and from the homepage. The search feature has also been re-enabled. Now search anywhere on the site for relevant material!